At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for highly-motivated data science interns (summer 2022) who are passionate about using artificial intelligence to address the challenges of cybersecurity products and businesses. As a data science intern at Palo Alto Networks, you will have the chance to work with different internal & external customers to build machine learning solutions to solve critical problems in product and business operation. With consistent innovation, you will develop and deliver tools and products that provide actionable recommendations to business partners. You will also contribute to producing patents for corporate intellectual property.
- As part of the IT Data Science team within the CIO organization, develop machine learning algorithms and statistical models to drive effective product, marketing, and personalized customer experience, e.g., propensity models, uplift models, next-best recommendation systems, etc.
- Work through the full lifecycle of ML model development from ideation, data exploration, algorithm design, validation, and testing. Work closely with data engineers to develop modeling data sets and pipelines. Collaborate with DevOps team to deploy models in production, set up model monitoring, and in-production tuning processes.
- Constantly learn and share the knowledge in the team, have a clear pulse on innovation across the enterprise SaaS, data science, product telemetry, customer data, and analytics communities.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis using statistical and data mining techniques on the real product and customer data of the cybersecurity industry.
- Develop various ML models using product adoption and customer behavior data, and apply hyperparameter optimization to improve performance.
- Work closely with data scientists/engineers/analysts. Present and interpret analytics findings and participate actively in discussions of results.
- Document the details of data analysis and software development.
- Currently pursuing PhD, Master, or Bachelor in STEM programs
- Superb communicator and relationship-builder
- Self-motivated team player and capable of working in a fast environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Python/SQL programming experience
- Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning using Python libraries, e.g., scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
*Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position*
*Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree or a 2-year Master’s Degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States
Our global internship program trains the next-generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, sales, and marketing. The program also features a combination of challenging projects with tangible impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The summer internship program features a combination of challenging projects with real impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities:
- 12-week program
- Peers of elite students
- One-on-one mentoring by industry leaders
- Exposure to and support from Palo Alto Networks executives
- Events that pique your intellectual curiosity and inspire new ideas
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work in a fast-paced environment
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.