Are you a natural sales person with a knack for crafting the perfect pitch? Do you thrive on competition and the prospect of beating your own best record? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your sales and marketing skills to use for a great cause?
PathPoint, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities or disadvantages to reach their fullest potential, is seeking a Business Development Specialist (Job Developer) in West Los Angeles and Hollywood, CA. This is a unique and rewarding sales-like position with a generous bonus plan that helps people with disabilities or disadvantages secure meaningful employment.
As a Job Developer, you will meet with employers and establish trusting, collaborative partnerships with the goal of securing competitive job placements for individuals or with disabilities or disadvantages. This involves spending time in the community, prospecting and generating leads, and championing the supports offered by our employment programs.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with occasional evenings and weekends. The work environment is a mix of in the office, work from home, and in the community. Please include a cover letter when applying; we want to hear your voice and why you are interested in the position.
COVID-19 Update: For the safety of our employees, the individuals we support, and everyone’s families, effective August 1, 2021, we are requiring all new employees to be fully vaccinated. Medical and religious exemptions are available to those who qualify.
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every day
- $250 hiring bonus and 8 hours of Wellness Time (Mental Health Day) for job offers accepted by December 31, 2021, earned after 60 days of employment
- Generous bonus plan starting at $300 per placement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year
- Paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary wellness program with cash rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
What You’ll Do:
- Actively promote PathPoint and the hiring of individuals who have disabilities or are economically disadvantaged. Generate leads and lists of prospective employers appropriate to people of varying interests and strengths supported through PathPoint’s programs.
- Assist individuals with pre-employment vocational counseling to establish goals, timelines, and responsibilities.
- Assist individuals with job preparation activities: resume preparation, cover letters, and job applications; contact local employers, arrange interviews, and accompany the individual to interviews when requested.
- Work with program staff to confirm job matching and level of intervention required.
- Set up and maintain placement files, document activities, complete and submit required reports, and attend business/community functions.
- Maintain good customer relations throughout the life of the employment collaboration.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of commission-driven outside Business Development/Sales experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain commitment, trust and cooperation
- Highly organized and results-driven, with ways to create avenues of opportunities that didn’t previously exist
- Able to answer unasked questions, guide conversation and overcome objections/concerns in order to put to rest an employer’s fears
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred
- Must pass pre-employment Livescan DOJ fingerprint background check, health screen and TB (tuberculosis) test
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory DMV driving record, be eligible for coverage on PathPoint’s auto insurance policy, and have regular use of vehicle with current registration and insurance for regular travel in the West LA/Hollywood area
Compensation and Benefit Package: $18.00 per hour plus a generous bonus plan starting at $300 per placement. As a full-time employee, you’ll be eligible for PathPoint’s full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, holidays, and sick time; 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match; Flexible Spending Accounts; a wellness program with cash rewards; and a free Employee Assistance Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.