Apply for the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship – Portfolio Analyst, US Trade Support!
See below for details on the application process and internship experience.
Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
You’ll serve in a dynamic role alongside Senior Portfolio Associates, providing key support across portfolio management and trading desks. You’ll learn about global portfolio risk reporting, attribution analysis, trade allocation, as well as other ad hoc excel based deliverables.
You’ll develop meaningful partnerships through cross-department training and a collaborative team project. Throughout the course of the summer, you’ll be encouraged to showcase an understanding of advanced fixed income concepts and general portfolio management concepts, while operating in an inspiring environment.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as an Excel assessment.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 – June 2023
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Portfolio Analyst if you:
- Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Excel-based calculations, presenting data in the accurate format, simple macro builds, using Excel functions to analyze data)
- Have proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, SQL, and/or VBA
- Show a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess outstanding analytical skills with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Show outstanding communication skills which enable you to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have undertaken finance, fixed income, and/or capital markets coursework (recommended)