Apply for the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship – Client Data Science Analyst!
See below for details on the application process and internship experience.
Positions are located in New York City, Newport Beach, CA or Austin, TX
See yourself as a Client Data Science Analyst:
Data Science internship opportunities at PIMCO occur within multiple departments. On the technology team, you’ll building tools and platforms to help portfolio managers leverage and analyze massive data sets to manage risk or search for alpha for clients. On the Client Solutions and Analytics team, you will focus on analyzing client data to create insights that bring investment ideas to clients. These are just two examples outlining the differences between departments.
You will work with a dynamic, global, growing market leader in a small fun group. Throughout the course of the summer, you’ll have a high level of exposure to the investment management business and will work with cutting edge technologies on new solutions.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are studying for a PhD, Master of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Financial Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Have an expected graduation date of December 2022 – June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a PIMCO Data Science intern if you:
- Have experience preparing large data sets from multiple sources. Are able to query relational data sets using SQL
- Have strong programming skills in Python, Java and/or C#
- Possess outstanding analytical skills with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Show outstanding communication skills which enable you to operate in a complex financial and technical environment
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Are comfortable working independently as well as in a collaborative team