Location: Seattle, WA or Santa Clarita, CA – This is an in office position
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing Strategic Sourcing professional to fill this role, which is based in our Santa Clarita or Seattle office. You’ll be responsible for developing and implement sourcing strategies and procurement activities on medium value, medium risk strategic projects across hotel, F&B, and medical categories with a focus on hotel. This role will be the product and supply chain expert/resource for their assigned categories. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist works closely with cross-functional stakeholder teams and utilizes the 7-step sourcing process to develop strategies that deliver breakthrough cost innovations and/or quality improvements. Scope is all brands within Holland America Group.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Strategic Sourcing Specialist. Is this you?
- Develop long term sourcing strategies using the 7-step sourcing process for assigned categories to develop long-term sourcing strategies.
- Work with management and stakeholders to plan and implement early sourcing opportunities and activities in medium value strategic projects.
- Identifies short- and long-term opportunities for cost innovation, risk reduction, and/or quality improvements. Negotiates supplier contracts.
- Locate, analyze, develop, and recommend preferred sources of supply, both Local and Global, for assigned categories.
- Act as a category manager and expert for low/medium spend categories and independently issue bids (RFXs), evaluate proposals, calculate TCO, recommend suppliers, negotiate agreements of medium risk/complexity, and present results to stakeholders.
- Lead projects of medium complexity and influence in a cross-functional team environment.
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management for assigned categories, including monitoring supplier performance through KPIs, manage and develop the relationship, systematically communicate expectations and performance, and resolve escalated supplier issues.
- Work across Carnival Corporation brands to benchmark and identify best practices.
- Document activities in order to share results, best practices and develop a playbook across the sourcing teams.
- BS/BA in engineering, supply chain, economics, business administration, or similar
- 3 years of work experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, Sourcing, Finance or related, in highly dynamic and results-oriented environments
- Experience creating sourcing strategies
- Experience negotiating low complexity contracts
- Experience in the 7-step strategic sourcing process and contracting
- Prior experience and knowledge of hotel categories and/or hospitality/cruising industry
- Experience negotiating medium/high complexity contracts
- Good analytical skills: ability to gather data, create models and financial analysis (including TCO) and draw conclusions from the data
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Identify and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in the use of computer business applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully, create multi-scenario models model, complete financial analysis (including TCO modeling, make/buy analysis, cost-to-serve analysis, etc.), draw conclusions from data
- Project management experience
- Advanced in the use of computer business applications
- Leadership, engagement, collaboration and other necessary skills
- Influencing cross-functional stakeholder working teams
- Experience presenting to various levels of leadership
- Influencing cross-functional stakeholder leadership
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org