We are currently looking for dynamic, sales career driven individuals to join our employee benefits sales team!
Here is just part of our program:
- Assignment to one of our national training centers where you’ll learn our business followed by a Sales Representative territory assignment.
- A comprehensive 9 month program crafted to expose you to all aspects of our business, including: professional selling skills, marketing, product distribution, pricing, product knowledge, risk analysis and customer care.
- Intensive classroom-based study and opportunities to network with, and learn from our senior leaders.
- On-the-job training with sales leaders and mentors who can help you learn the employee benefits business and prepare you for the opportunity to drive sales within an assigned territory.
Once you have gained the required knowledge of the business and secured your insurance license, you can directly impact territory sales and your compensation through the following activities:
- Developing and executing sales plans.
- Building relationships with brokers within your assigned territory.
- Successfully marketing Group Life, Disability, Dental, Vision, and Critical Illness solutions through brokers for employer groups ranging from 3 lives and up.
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of equivalent experience required at the time of hire
- Strong interest in a career in external sales
- Must have sales aptitude and positive relationship building skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and accountable for own actions
- Adaptable to change as well as running multiple projects
- Life/Health License required within 90 days of hire
- Requires ability to work independently, excellent and persuasive written and oral communication skills, excellent presentation skills, and basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel within the identified territory as needed for this position (post pandemic)
Preferred skills include:
- Awards or recognition from sales competitions
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred but not required
- Outstanding extra-curricular, leadership, or community involvement
We have opportunities located in: Seattle, WA; Costa Mesa, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Addison, TX; Kansas City, MO; Minnetonka, MN; Downers Grove, IL; Cincinnatti, OH; Altanta, GA; Tampa, FL; Charlotte, NC; Columbia, MD; Bethesda, MA; and Rye Brook, NY.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we’re bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.