The Proterra Story
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need safer, more reliable, and cleaner options. At Proterra, our mission is to advance EV technology to deliver the world’s best-performing commercial vehicles. Proterra is a leader in the design and manufacture of zero-emission electric transit vehicles and EV technology solutions for commercial applications. Since 2004, Proterra technology has been proven through more than 20 million service miles in heavy-duty applications. From our own best-selling transit bus to electric school buses, delivery trucks, coach buses, and shuttles, Proterra battery technology is already powering commercial vehicles from world-class automakers and helping fleet operators reduce emissions while lowering operating costs.
Building battery-electric vehicles for all people requires building an equitable and inclusive company which mirrors that diversity. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is a driving force in our business every day. It starts by ensuring that our workplace, workforce and industry reflect all the communities we are proud to serve.
This intern position will provide support to Proterra’s Marketing team members. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to client groups in an environment where you can have a significant impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
· Gain practical experience in a hands-on environment.
· Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Proterra, which allows interns to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business.
· Assist with product launches (i.e. help identify and track deadlines for various items leading up to product launch, gather required assets and data, etc.)
· Assist with analytics tracking & reporting- build on existing structure for marketing analytics
· Messaging – assist with management of database of marketing claims & references to help ensure consistent and accurate messaging across materials.
· Assist with digital asset management
· Assist with planning for events (i.e. trade shows, conferences, customer deployments)
· Coordinate with internal customers in areas of assigned responsibility.
· Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
· Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
· As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
· We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
· We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and our own team members.
· We treat each other with respect
· You will report to the Sr. Marketing Manager and may collaborate with other team members located not only at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA, but also at our other manufacturing facilities in Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize and adapt as needed
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
· Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
· Strong time management, project management and organizational skills.
· Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills
Your Experience Includes:
· Enrollment in a Bachelors program for the Fall 2021 semester in Marketing or Communications
· Must have completed your sophomore year or later in your current program, including coursework such as: Marketing Principles, Mass Communication, Business Writing, Technical Writing, B2B Marketing, Channel Marketing, Marketing Analytics
· Minimum GPA of 3.0
· Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
· Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Word and PowerPoint, and basic Excel skills preferred.
Location: Greenville, SC; Los Angeles, CA; Burlingame, CA (will be working remotely majority of the time, but will need to be within local driving distance to one of our sites)
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Part-time (10- 20 hours per week) Spring and Summer 2022 Semesters
Travel: 0 – 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).