JOIN THE ROLAND DGA FAMILY
Roland DGA Corporation is the U.S.-based marketing, distribution and sales arm of Roland DG Corporation of Hamamatsu, Japan, a worldwide leader in the sign, graphic arts, fine art, vehicle graphics, UV, photography, engraving and 3D modeling industries. Founded in 1981 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Roland DG is the world’s number one provider of wide-format inkjet printers for the durable graphics market. We are a nine-time winner of the Top Work Place Award in Orange County, offer a creative, team-oriented environment and a competitive compensation package, including continuing education and 401k match.
Roland DGA is searching for a Bilingual AR Credit & Collections Specialist to join our customer-focused team. As an AR Credit & Collections Specialist, you will be responsible for managing and reducing payment delinquencies on customer accounts, A/R aging analysis, and account reconciliation. In addition to credit and collection activities, this role also works closely with Customer Service and Sales to support and resolve the needs of our customers. Candidates must enjoy problem-solving and use their critical thinking skills to support the Accounting team. You must be fluent in Spanish, have three years of experience in accounts receivable, collections, cash applications, invoice/credit analysis, billing discrepancies. To apply, please email resume to email@example.com.
Under the direction of the A/R Credit & Collections Manager, the A/R Credit & Collection Specialist will be responsible for the collection of aged receivables on assigned accounts in the U.S., Latin America, and Canada territories. In addition, the A/R Credit & Collection Specialist will assist in obtaining and updating new and existing customer AR & Credit files and be responsible for customer account maintenance and reconciliation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Apply the company’s pre-established guidelines, credit and collection policies, practices, and procedures to manage customer accounts.
• Assist in reviewing and releasing customer orders while taking appropriate steps in their timely release and shipment according to customer credit requirements (new or old) such as: current/delinquent status, credit limit, and payment history.
• Evaluate the validity of customer invoices/credit memos, follow up and collect balances due.
• Research Billing discrepancies and ensure invoices/credit memo adjustments are processed as needed on assigned customer accounts.
• Make calls and write up correspondence to customers and other necessary parties to ensure prompt payment of invoices or assist in resolving shipment/ billing discrepancies and disputes.
• Prepare and review weekly/monthly AR Aging Statements on assigned accounts
• Document customer correspondence in collection module in ERP system
• Report status on payments or discrepancies to the AR Credit and Collections Manager
• Assist in the process of extending credit terms including inquiry of bank and trade references, compilation of customer credit files & docs
• Translate documents and forms to Spanish as needed
• Teamwork – Meet or exceed team monthly A/R Management By Objective (MBO) Goals
• Teamwork – Shares Job Tasks to Accomplish Dept. Goals & Objectives
• Cooperation – In Relation to Other Department to Achieve Company Goals & Objectives
• Attendance & Punctuality – Within Company Policies & Guidelines
• Dependability – Timeliness of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and/or Special Tasks
• Customer Focus – Customer Collection Procedures, Calls, Detailed Notes
• Problem Solving – Order Pending, Past Dues & Collections Procedures (Notes)
• Judgment – Order Release Process, Past Dues, & Collections
• Analytical Skills – Account Reconciliation, Cash Receipts
• Communications – Order Release Process, Past Dues, & Collections (Detailed Notes)
• Written Communications – Credit Investigation Process, Order Release Process, Past Dues (Letters, E-Mails, Faxes, Detailed Notes)
• Commitment to Quality – Account Maintenance (Account Reconciliation, Timeliness)
• Others as set by Supervisor and/or Manager
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Minimum AA Degree preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Fluent in speaking and writing in Spanish
Knowledge of collection process and aging schedule
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 3+ years of Commercial Collections experience
Knowledge of commonly-used Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
3+ years of experience Accounts receivable
Reconciliation & adjustments
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Detail-oriented & self-starter
Windows / Excel / Word
Microsoft Dynamics Accounting Software / R&R Writer a plus