SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
As part of the IT Intern and Associate Program, supports implementation, development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications. Under the leadership of the program management, develops experience and knowledge in Application Services, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Services and Network Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the implementation, development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications. Under the leadership of the program management, collaborates with business clients, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to deploy and maintain business applications as needed to effectively run the company.
- Develops business knowledge and relationships to integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Operates as part of a team and assists in organizing, planning, and executing large and small projects from the concept stage through implementation.
- Participates in and supports IT projects while developing experience and knowledge in the following areas: -Application Services: Software Development, Database Management, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Project Management -Cybersecurity: Security Monitoring, Incident Response, Digital Forensics, Security Engineering, Collaborate with FBI & Homeland Security -Infrastructure Services: Server storage, Architecture, Networking, Telecommunications -Network Services: Wireless Communications, Field Device Connectivity and Integration.
- Participates in IT Intern program activities to enhance skillset and professional development through networking/teambuilding, training/professional development, Lunch and Learn training sessions, company tours and community service.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Cybersecurity or related experience.
- Basic technical knowledge of systems development and deployment on diverse platforms including distributed server, Web, Mobile and PaaS/SaaS environments.
- Entry level competency in one of more of the following: C/C++, C#, HTML5, Java, .NET, Python, Hive, Visual Basic, SAP/ABAP, OLE/MS Office, Windows, PHP, Objective C, various RDBMSs, and others.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of the IT Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Ability to operate as part of a team and assisting in organizing, planning, and executing large and small projects from the concept stage through implementation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.