We are seeking a Junior Data Analyst Intern who can identify business trends and problems through complex big data analysis. Interprets results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently. Designs, develops and implements the most valuable business solutions for the organization. Prepares big data, implements data models and develops databases to support the business solutions.
- Using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Provide support to marketing activities through database/data mining activities
- Organizing and transforming information into comprehensible structures
- Using data to predict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- Performing statistical analysis of data
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Preparing reports and presenting these to management or clients. Communicating with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
- Identifying and recommending new ways to save money by streamlining business processes
- Data Quality Assurance. Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data
- Gather industry insights and statistics from a variety of sources; research and track various secondary sources to determine trends and insights.
- Learn customer markets and products quickly
- Assist Marketing team on all day-to-day responsibilities
- Envision the strategic “big picture” in order to deliver smaller tasks supporting that strategy quickly and efficiently
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline preferred (such as Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Business, or related field)
- Strong Excel background including statistical analysis and pivot tables
- Proficiency with PC applications including Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, via written and oral formants to all levels of organization
- Ability to prioritize, keep organized and multitask
- Exceptional attention to detail and commandment to follow through
- Ability to work effectively Proactive – self motivated
- Ability to learn new skills/systems quickly
- Experience in retrieving, organizing, and managing large databases. Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously, under time constraints while maintaining attention to detail and producing high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys fact finding, aggregating and identifying trends in numeric data – thorough and diligent
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, result-oriented environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SSG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The company makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.