Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have a passion for leadership, consider applying for our Production Management Internship.
What you’ll do:
- Exposure to people leadership, process improvements, and a variety of operations projects
- Gain understanding of production lines and processes
- Assisting in projects to improve quality, productivity, and ensure a food-safe product.
- Working with the plant leadership to meet or exceed daily production goals
- Identifying customer requirements and communicating them to the team
- Collaborating to improve plant productivity and increase efficiency
- Identifying and resolving process issues as they arise
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in: Agriculture, Dairy Science, Food Science, Animal Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality or related/similar degree
- Willingness to relocate for Summer 2022 to any of the following Schreiber locations is required (note: you will not be considered for the internship if you are unwilling to relocate to these facilities): Pennsylvania: Shippensburg. Texas: Stephenville. Utah: Logan. Wisconsin: Green Bay. Note: Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Students must have completed their sophomore or junior year in college. Students must be enrolled as a student during the time of the internship (Spring 2022 grads or previous graduates will not be considered)
- Student must have reliable transportation to the plant
- Proven leadership experience & desire to lead people in the future
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Works independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds and be adaptive to different communication styles and personalities
- Ability to train hourly partners on process changes/improvements
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program