Paid Student Internship
Benefits Eligible: No
Pay: Hourly $10 – $12
Line Manager: TBD
Department: Marketing Communications and Storytelling (Comms)
Status: Part-time (20 hrs/wk)
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
The Sorenson Impact Center (SIC) at the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business envisions a thriving world where all people are valued, communities prosper, and the measured impact of our actions guides decision making. The Center advances global impact through innovation in impact investing and finance, public policy and government spending, and corporate and social sector behavior with organizations across the globe, and utilizes world-class data science, impact storytelling and collaboration as key tools. As part of its mission to train future impact leaders, the Center integrates academic programming and experiential learning into each of its practice areas.To learn more about the Center and apply to the Student program, please visit https://www.sorensonimpact.com/student-program.
The Sorenson Impact Center is seeking student applicants to join the Marketing Communications and Storytelling team as a SEO Specialist student intern. SEO Specialist student interns work alongside the Comms team to research, analyze and improve websites, articles, and other digital assets. Interns have the opportunity to engage with real-world clients while building their skills and portfolio. This client-facing work is always changing and new projects start frequently (watch a short YouTube video to learn more about what we do). We look for highly motivated self-starters who fit the criteria below.
Duties and responsibilities include:
● Be proactive, innovative, and resourceful
● Demonstrate a “solutions-oriented” problem solver mentality
● Able to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable manner to align
- Develop optimization strategies that increase the project SEO
- Research SEO keywords to use throughout the company’s website and marketing materials
- Set measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in marketing efforts
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance
- Collaborate with with others within the marketing department to manage SEO strategy
- Write compelling website content, including blog posts and page descriptions
- Update content and website links for maximum optimization and search engine rankings
This position requires the skills and experience in the following areas:
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Experience with SEO industry programs, such as Google Analytics, or Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools
- Able to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.)
- Comfortable analyzing data on a daily basis
- Familiarity with with WordPress, Wix, Squarspace or other content management systems
- Experience with other aspects of marketing, such as customer growth and promotion, is a plus
The dynamic nature of work means the student experience becomes more valuable with deeper levels of engagement. To facilitate this experience, student interns are expected to commit to working 20 hours per week for a minimum of two semesters (continuation beyond the first semester is dependent upon meeting the appropriate level of performance).
The Sorenson Impact Center strongly encourages diverse applicants (please circulate widely), especially those who self-identify as Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, non-binary, living with disabilities, neurodivergent, young, speak English as a second language, and others from overlooked / underestimated communities.
* Due to legal restrictions regarding student employment under certain Visa statuses, Sorenson Impact can not guarantee our ability to pay international students. For international students potentially selected, we commit to working with you and your institution to determine our ability to adequately compensate you for your time and energy. Please reach out with any questions.