Controller needed for high-end cosmetics company. Immediate opening for experienced accountant with knowledge of accounting, finance and manufacturing. Hands-on cost accounting experience a must. Primary responsibilities include the oversight of all accounting functions, supervision of the monthly accounting close process, all level-one financial reporting to management, all tax filings, annual financial audit, and banking responsibilities.
This Controller position is very “hands on” which requires a detail-oriented personality, but also the ability to see the big picture and provide analytical insight to the business results that management can rely on to make informed decisions. The Controller will be responsible for developing accounting processes, procedures and internal controls for the business, as well as managing a small staff.
Salary range $125-$135,000 per year, plus benefits including health and dental insurance and 401K. Controller will work remotely with occasional meetings required at company offices in the Los Angeles area.
- Annual budget creation and analysis
- Payroll management
- Bank statements reconciliation
- AP, AR and GL ledgers
- Companies billing and reconciliation
- Financial policies and procedures implementation
- Interim statements covering balance sheets
- P&L and cash flow projections
- Payments supervision and AR monitoring
- Provide relevant information to support management in their decision-making process.
- Identify and analyze financial risks.
- Complete other financial analyses related to the current business or related to new projects.
Skill Set and Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA a strong plus.
- Eight plus years of professional accounting and finance experience, with at least five
- years in a managerial role.
- Manufacturing experience with hands-on cost accounting experience is
- Audit experience a plus.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel. Knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Must possess excellent analytical, quantitative, project management and
- problem-solving skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, fast growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must possess the highest of ethical standards and integrity.