Join the Lodge at Spruce Peak as Capex and Allocation Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant assists in the operations of the Accounting Department, under the guidance of the Controller. The Staff Accountant will ensure that all assigned functions are performed accurately, on a timely basis, and according to Hotel, ownership, and Hyatt standards.
By joining our team, you will be working independently within a very supportive and dynamic team to ensure that the department provides the utmost accuracy of accounting and analysis while thriving to improve efficiency and processes. The Lodge at Spruce Peak, The Club at Spruce Peak, and the Stowe Country Club accounting offer unique accounting and operational challenges that provide an opportunity for growth to an accountant who understands the business.
What to expect: Core Accounting Function tasks
- Prepare journal entries with adequate supporting documentation and backup in compliance with GAAP, Hyatt, and property SOP, with the objective of producing the monthly financials to be reviewed by ownership and the management company.
- Prepare reconciliations for select balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the annual internal and external audit process.
- College degree in Accounting or Business preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Fluency in job-related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Knowledge of accounting (Oracle) is preferred but not required.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers) including the ability to review and understand allocations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Interest in the fast-paced hospitality industry.