Looking for an exciting opportunity to take your first steps into the Financial Services industry?
1919 Investment Counsel is looking for a motivated student entering their Junior or Senior year of college for an exciting Internship at our Birmingham office! This is a paid opportunity for Summer 2022.
The Intern will provide specific project support to Birmingham’s New Business Development Team by assisting with strategy and implementation for targeted markets and prospects. The Intern must stay current on financial markets and instruments, and comply with firm policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research local and regional ERISA plans, Foundations and Endowments.
- Analyze publicly available information to determine where 1919 may be able to add value.
- Develop strategies for targeting sectors based on observed trends.
- Prepare materials to pitch prospects.
- Coordinate with partners (e.g., Fidelity, Lloyd Wilson & Associates), as needed.
- Participate in prospect meetings, tracking progress in Salesforce.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- A junior or senior in college, pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related area, such as Political Science. 1919 also welcomes Liberal Arts majors.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher desired.
- Intellectual curiosity, strong attention to detail, problem-solving mentality.
- Experience using MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong writing, research, and organizational skills.
- A professional, respectful demeanor and team-oriented personality.
- Comfortable working independently and on long- and short- term projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work remotely and independently as needed.
About 1919 Investment Counsel
1919 Investment Counsel (1919), a wholly owned subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corporation, a NYSE-listed financial services company, provides experienced investment management and trust advisory services to wealthy individuals, families, trusts, foundations and institutions. 1919 has assets under management of $19.5 billion; 25 portfolio managers with an average of 28 years of experience; an experienced proprietary research team; national trust powers; and offices in Baltimore, Birmingham, Cincinnati, Houston, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Vero Beach.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.