- Prepares various internal tax returns
- Prepares and records monthly tax accruals
- Tax reconciliations and research with various states, including calling states to resolve questions
- Prepares and files annual business licenses and renewals with states
- Assist with preparation of month end journal entries
- Records and reconciles cash deposits
- Assists billing team with monthly invoicing process
- Actively participating in special projects, continuous process improvements and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in accounting, math and deductive reasoning
- Experience with Microsoft products, particularly Excel
- Experience with Workday ERP
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Must have strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail skills
- Accuracy and thoroughness is required
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be able to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work with others
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of experience in the accounting field preferred
COVID-19: This position is expected to work on, or in connection with, a federal government contract. The Covid-19 Vaccination is required, subject to applicable state and federal law. The company will provide accommodations as required by law for medical and religious-based reasons.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes competitive compensation, benefits & wellness programs that allows employees to choose what’s most important to them at any life stage. At Stout, we are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees while fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Stout Culture: We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to representing and including the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of our people, partners, and the communities we serve. Our core values embrace a culture of inclusion and the equitable treatment of all team members, starting with Stout’s leadership and spreading across the organization. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that propel the entrepreneurial spirit and exceptionalism that drive our success. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, click here.
Professional Development: To foster employee development we offer ongoing training and learning opportunities, employee resources groups, mentorship programming, and professional designation reimbursement. We believe in timely and proactive performance excellence, ongoing 360 feedback, clear performance expectations at each level, and quarterly check-ins with your manager ensure you are supported and growing your career.
Stout Benefits : Stout offers a variety of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees throughout their career at Stout. View our Benefits page to see what this can look like for you.
Flexible Work Schedules: Work-life balance is important to us and we want our employees to have balanced lives, which is why we have a discretionary time off policy for all salaried exempt employees. This gives you the ability to take time off as appropriate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Stout is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Stout values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, people with disabilities and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.