Intern location: (in-office/hybrid)
Financial Analyst Intern
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect, and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to experience life at a high growth company? If so, joining the TeleSign Finance team as an intern could be the perfect fit for you!
TeleSign is looking for a for a Finance Analyst Intern who is eager to gain hands-on experience preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial performance review. Producing meaningful operational metrics to help drive performance and achieve business objectives. Applying financial acumen to provide insights on growth, profitability, and cost savings.
This role reports to the Finance Manager – FP&A. We will be welcoming interns during the Summer 2022 term (June to August). Interns will be expected to work up to 40 hours per week during the 12 week period.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting views and executive board materials
- Support the Finance team by working closely with cross-functional departments or teams to influence long-term cost savings, efficiencies, process improvements, and P&L optimization
- Assist with assessing and implementing process improvements to the financial planning modeling
- Assist with ad hoc financial modeling
- Present data-driven recommendations to the finance team
- A self-starter who is, resourceful, innovative, and who takes initiative
- Solid organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Net Suite and Adaptive Insights experience are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A. in progress)
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related major
- Minimum GPA 3.0
Perks of the role:
- Potential path to full time hire
- 1:1 mentorship
- Networking opportunities
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! 😉
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.