Intern location: hybrid or remote
Technology + Product Internship
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect, and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to experience life at a high growth company? If so, joining the TeleSign Technology and Product team as an intern could be the perfect fit for you!
TeleSign is looking for an Intern with experience in software engineering and/or other related tech experience who is eager to gain hands-on experience working under the guidance of the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) & Head of Product. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the CTO and the technology leadership teams and gain hands-on experience with all things related to TeleSign’s innovative and cutting-edge technology and suite of products. This is a holistic project-oriented program that will work cross-departmentally with Engineering, Product, Customer Experience and Developer Experience.
This role reports to the Chief of Staff/Technology. We will be welcoming interns during the Summer 2022 term (June to August). Interns will be expected to work up to 40 hours per week during the 12-week period.
What you’ll do:
- Get hands-on experience working with the CTO/Head of Product’ and global teams to better understand how the CTO’s organizational ecosystem supports and delivers identity innovation to the marketplace
- Work cross-departmentally on strategy, implementation and execution of projects related to API, product management, engineering, ML and communication, verification and mobile identity
- Work on research projects related to the current state of identity technology as well as future-focused disruptive technology
- Work with TeleSign’s Sales and Marketing teams to understand intersection of Product/Sales/Marketing
- Solution-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious, collaborative and open to new challenges
- Experience using generally accepted software, data and engineering programs
- Working experience with basic API’s and web technologies
- Experience using or a general understanding of cloud-based systems
- Understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Junior going into Senior year, recent college grad or grad student
- Bachelor’s degree (or working towards) or advanced degree (or working towards) in Software, Engineering, Data Science or related field.
Perks of the role:
- Potential path to full time hire
- 1:1 mentorship
- Networking opportunities
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.