You may know us for our huge menu of delicious food…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” eight years in a row! What you may not know is our Finance Team is reinventing what it means to be “innovatively analytical.”
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning, you will work with a team of 4 at The Cheesecake Factory corporate support enter in Calabasas Hills, CA. As the Financial Analyst, you will play an integral part in maximizing financial and operational efficiencies for a global $2 billion public company with over 300 full-service restaurants and more than 42,000 total staff members.
You’ll thrive in this position if you’re:
- A gold medal analyst: you enjoy breaking down numerical data and all other sources of information. You systematically probe for additional information to gain a greater understanding of the problem.
- A communicator: you’re capable of translating complex business requirements to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Excel savvy: you’re able to take a rough dataset and use Microsoft Excel to turn it into something actionable.
- Self-starting: you understand current project needs and when it’s time to execute on crucial tasks.
- A team player: you’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others while building team spirit across the department.
- Intellectually curious: you’re a lifelong learner; you analyze things and dissect them to see how they work, then figure out how to improve/fix them.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Prepare and review key financial reporting schedules for management on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Assist the accounting department with the month end close process and corporate consolidated billing
- Partner with operators to provide recommendations for maximizing financial and operational efficiencies
- Prepare complex financial trend and data analysis such as sales trends, financial and expense performance, return on investment and other business investment opportunities
- Enable enhanced analysis through greater and more efficient access to numerous data sources
- Maintain planning tools to support operator decision making
- Assist in all aspects of the annual planning process from supporting the rollout of the annual planning applications and working with the field to support plan submissions
- Perform variance analysis and summarize key findings
- Ad-hoc reporting, special projects and other department support as needed
What we require:
- Financial Planning and Analysis or IT business intelligence experience
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles and the ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Exceptionally strong computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheet Modeling) and PowerPoint
- Exposure to enterprise planning and/or business intelligence software such as Board, Hyperion Financial Management, and MicroStrategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related field