You may know us for our huge menu of delicious food…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” eight years in a row! What you may not know is how our Accounting Team skillfully prepares and examines the financial records of nearly 250 restaurants and 200 corporate cost centers.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will work with a team of 16 at The Cheesecake Factory corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. As the Senior Accountant, you will play an integral part in the month-end closing process, financial statement review, monthly account analysis, and account reconciliations for a global $2 billion public company.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Exhaustively meticulous: You have an unrelenting attention to detail and leave nothing to chance.
- A GAAP guru: You possess solid working knowledge, along with experience working within the “Accounting standards”.
- A skilled time manager: Deadlines are a key part of an Accountant’s life, especially at a publicly traded company. You confidently charge toward them with proper planning and execution.
- A strong communicator: Whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear, professional manner. You also understand keeping your manager in the loop is critical to the team’s success.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with others, especially on new projects.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Prepare journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform month-end P&L review of Corporate cost centers.
- Process monthly reimbursement and royalty calculations for our international partners.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process gift card and promotional related entries and associated reconciliations.
- Prepare 401K, ESP, HSA, and FSA weekly reconciliations.
- Work cross functionally with department heads throughout the company.
- Provide SEC and audit support.
- Calculate long-term debt interest.
- Act as accountant back up for others within the department, as needed.
- Complete ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed.
What we require:
- 4+ years of general accounting experience with sound knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong Excel skills (v/h lookup, sumif, pivot tables).
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance related discipline.
What we prefer:
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA).
- Public accounting experience.