You may know us for our huge menu of delicious food…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” eight years in a row! What you may not know is how our Accounting Team skillfully prepares and examines the financial records of over 250 restaurants and 200 corporate cost centers. We are a $2.4B, publicly traded entity; a true market leader with over 300 full-service restaurants and more than 40,000 staff members.
As the Rent Staff Accountant, you will be reporting to the Rent & Lease Accounting Manager and you will play a pivotal role in managing the real estate financial functions and accounting (processing monthly rent payments, annual and miscellaneous reconciliations, researching landlord related billing issues, preparing percentage rent sales reports, etc.).
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
· Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail and leave nothing to chance.
· A skilled time manager: deadlines are a key part of an Accountant’s life, especially at a publicly traded company. You confidently charge toward them with proper planning and execution.
· A strong communicator: whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear, professional manner. You also understand keeping your manager in the loop is critical to the team’s success.
· A team player: while you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with others, especially on new projects.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
· Prepare monthly rent payments, ensuring compliance with the lease
· Review landlord statements for accuracy and research billing issues
· Review and prepare annual account reconciliations (CAM, real estate taxes, insurance, etc.)
· Send out monthly sales reports to landlords
· Prepared account reconciliation and journal entries
· Maintain effective internal controls to ensure transactions follow Company policies and are properly reflected on the financial statements
· Prepare and review analysis and comparisons of actual results to historical trends and budgets
· Work cross functionally with various departments (e.g. Financial Planning, Accounts Payable, Tax, Treasury) as well as the restaurant managers and operations support teams
· Assist with financial, SOX, and landlord audits
· Complete ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed
What we require:
· Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance related discipline
· 1+ years of general accounting experience
· Strong Excel skills (v/h lookup, sumif, pivot tables)
· Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
· Detail-oriented and accurate
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
What we prefer:
· Real Estate accounting experience nice to have
· Background in the restaurant industry or multi-unit retail nice to have