The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking a Seasonal Safety Assistant associates to work in our tomato paste- pizza sauce- salsa- peeled pear canned tomatoes- crushed tomatoes- tomato puree- and tomato sauce production area in Escalon- CA. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality driven. Candidates must be able to work in a team in a fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to assist in monitoring the workplace to ensure the safety of our employees- visitors- vendors and guests during warmer climates in a food manufacturing environment during the months of July through October. Currently hiring for second shift (2PM-10:30PM).
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Starting Pay $15.00/hour
- 3 CA sick days
- Union facility (this is a Non-Union position)
Monday-Sunday during the months of July- October
Second shift 2PM-10:30PM
Overtime may be available based on business need
Possible work available after harvest season (November-June)
Plant & Community Overview:
- Escalon is located in California’s Central Valley with a population of 7-558.
- Escalon has a large agricultural industry which is based on the fertile farmland surrounding the city.
- The Escalon story began in the 1940’s by Cristoforo and Emma Colombo.
- Each season- our tomato crop begins with seed varieties that have been carefully cultivated by our research team to provide the best balance of flavor- aroma- and color. Many of the growers who plant these seeds were handpicked by Cristoforo Colombo more than 50 years ago.
- Formerly Escalon Premiere Brands
- Over 600 employees during fresh pack season
- 1st- 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities
- Union Plant
- What we produce:
- Concentrated crushed tomatoes
- Classic Italian pizza sauce
- Marinara sauce
Are your ready to join a fast-paced work environment with a team dedicated to producing high quality tomatoes found in more than 30 different food service products consumed all around the world?
As an Seasonal Safety Assistant you’ll see first-hand how our tomatoes go from farm to table. This position requires “shop floor” presence and the ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization- including management- supervisory and hourly employees.
Responsibilities & Duties:
May include- but isn’t limited to:
Full Responsibility Under The Superintendent- Supervisor Or Head Mechanic Or Leader Cannery Mechanic For The Efficiency And Safety Of All Plant Electrical Circuits And Equipment And Also:
- Candidate must be willing to respond as appropriate to all incidents/accidents and coordinate medical attention as appropriate.
- Distributes personal protective equipment and safety supplies as needed.
- Maintain daily activity logs to report activities- and other related safety prevention matters.
- Participate in incident and accident investigations that may occur.
- Perform safety observations- audits and inspections to assure employee safety.
- Assist in training and any other programs assigned by the Safety manager.
- Helps with Continuous Improvement projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
1-2 years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting- preferably within a food processing company supporting environmental and/or safety programs. Training as a EMT- Paramedic- LVN- or RN is needed with CPR/First Aid Certification.
Educational achievements will be considered and can be used in conjunction with experience.