The Mista Pat Project is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to inspiring young children to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). We are creating an educational YouTube show for school aged children that highlights the latest in innovation and the amazing people and companies behind it.
We are looking for a Graphics Designer intern to help design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables
● You will report directly to the Marketing Coordinator
● This is an unpaid internship.
● The Internship 10 weeks long
● 15 work hours a week
● Academic credit available if desired
● Please submit a cover letter stating how you would be a great asset to the team. ((please include your contact information.)
● A resume is not required at this time.
● This internship position will be REMOTE due to Covid-19 limitations.
● Please visit our website at mistapatproject.org for more information about our organization
● Strong understanding of graphic design software
● A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong design and typography skills
● A strong collaborative spirit and ability to work and communicate effectively with varying personalities.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Assist with creating graphics for social media posts
● Assist with creating promotional materials
● Assist with re-designing current website
● Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
● Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
● Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.