The Mista Pat Project is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to inspiring young children to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). We are creating an educational YouTube show for school aged children that highlights the latest in innovation and the amazing people and companies behind it.
Experience is not required but artistic or technical skill is required.
You will report directly to the Social Media Coordinator.
This is an unpaid internship.
Academic credit if desired.
The Internship is 10 weeks long.
Approx. 15 hours a week
Please visit out website https://www.mistapat.org/internships to apply
A resume is not required at this time.
This internship position will be REMOTE due to Covid-19 limitations.
Please visit our website at mistapatproject.org for more information about our organization.
We are looking for a creative and organized assistant Social Media intern to join our team. The Social Media Intern will create social media posts and assist the Social Media Coordinator.
· Strong understanding of the use of social media
· A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong design and typography skills
· A strong collaborative spirit and ability to work and communicate effectively with varying personalities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Help build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
· Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
· Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
· Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success
· Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
· Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.