Sherwin-Williams is seeking motivated individuals with an interest in sales, customer service, leading a successful team to join our Leadership Development Program (“LDP”). LDP is an eight (8) week program offering hands-on experience working in an Automotive Branch designed to provide successful candidates with a comprehensive learning experience through practical experience.
Successful candidates will be placed in training position in an Automotive Branch in the
During this program, participants will gain essential insight into sales, customer service, finance, and strategic business planning to support operations. Participants will also have access to professional networking opportunities to build cross-functional partnerships with Marketing, Operations, and Research & Development.
Our training experience provides you with skills necessary for a successful career in management and professional sales. Upon successful completion of the 8-week training program, participants will progress into an available Assistant Branch Manager position.
This position requires relocation for the training period and for placement into Assistant Branch Manager upon successful completion of the LDP.
This training program is currently scheduled to begin in January and June 2024
LDP’s will support Branch Managers in essential aspects of branch operations including the following functions:
- Develop branch market plan based on market conditions, branch mission, and financial objectives
- Implement business strategies to increase sales and optimize profitability
- Build knowledge of products to ensure effective customer recommendations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Verify that customer orders and transactions are completed and documented accurately
- Maintain branch inventory levels
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including safety, loss prevention, and security
- Support employee training, development, performance management, and corrective action
- Respond to and resolve any customer and/or employee complaints
- Assist in determining staffing needs and develop work schedules
- Analyze management and financial reports, including financial ratios relative to Profit & Loss (“P&L”)
- Assist in making deliveries, as needed
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship for employment work visa status now or in the future
- Must have a valid, unrestricted Driver’s License
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 70 lbs. on occasion
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree by the start of this development program
- Must be willing to relocate for this position, if required
- Willingness to relocate, as required, upon completion of the development program
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Sales, Marketing, Management, Business, Operations, or Supply Chain
- Have at least one (1) year experience working in a retail, sales, or customer service position
- Have previous experience working in a team-oriented setting including work experience, extracurricular activities, military service, etc.
- Have at least one (1) year of experience in leadership role(s), supervising others, or leading teams