When you join the StorQuest Self Storage family, you’re tapping into the power of a different kind of brand. As a William Warren Group (WWG) managed company, StorQuest seeks motivated individuals who can contribute to our evolving culture. If you want to be a part of a creative, inspiring, and collaborative environment you are in the right place.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
The Legal Assistant will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer/President, Corporate Counsel, and Investor Relations Director to perform a variety of legal and investor relations support tasks. The purpose of this role is to help the CFO/President, Corporate Counsel and IRM in document organization, maintenance and retention, execution of documents, gathering facts and information and providing other administrative support as needed. This role requires attention to detail, organization, the ability to effectively multi-task and meet simultaneous deadlines. There is potential for training and growth, and this role may transition into a paralegal position with responsibilities including drafting of documents, analyzing and gathering statutes and codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Assisting in maintaining, organizing, and retrieving a variety of corporate and legal documents
● Assisting with the administrative support needed in a debt financing and the acquisition and closing of real estate
● Preparing and obtain entity registration and formation in a number of states, including filing SS-4 EIN Application
● Fulfilling Investor requests, as well as assisting in the overall communication with Investors as it relates to capital calls, investment performance and updates, valuations, announcements, taxes, etc.
● Assisting in maintaining, organizing, recording, and creation of all new Investor documentation for new deals, active deals, past investments, as well as all ad-hoc Investor documents unrelated to capital calls.
● Assisting with the fundraise process, supporting efforts to complete all equity-related action items including tracking election amounts, responding to investor questions, providing regular internal updates, and finalizing commitment amounts and following up on investor paperwork as well as corresponding documentation and tasks.
● Supporting with necessary details and documentation as it relates to Investors for tax related needs prior to annual distribution of tax forms/documents
● Assisting with Quarterly Reports and the posting of general and legal documents as well as annual tax documents to Investor Portal
● Maintaining Investor Portal via AppFolio database and support, as needed
● Creating utility accounts for new sites
● Supporting P-card process including ordering new cards, responding to card related inquiries
● General administrative duties (including but not limited to):
o Merging documents and formatting
o Supporting with execution of key documents and FedEx related needs
o Returning calls
o Expense reports
o Mail sorting
● Coordinating with Legal and Administrative support team to collect signatures from Partners on key documentation and manage delivery
● Creating utility accounts for new sites
● Coordinating on-site appointments for inspections from Lenders
● Assisting with other ad-hoc administrative tasks required by the WWG team and special projects, as needed
Please note that you may be asked to perform a variety of duties from time to time, which may not fall strictly in your job description. For a variety of business, safety, and technical reasons, it is necessary that all positions at WWG maintain a high level of flexibility in reference to duties you will be expected to perform.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
● Making a difference and have a positive impact.
● Taking the lead on team initiatives, learn new skills, build your management capabilities, and take advantage of the many growth opportunities.
● Contributing creatively to the organization’s success by generating new and useful ideas
● Education: Bachelor’s degree
● 1+ years administrative support experience in an office setting
● Exceptional Excel and Adobe (or similar PDF application) skills
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing
● Ability to thoroughly review and comprehend legal documentation in the context of applicable transactions
● Professional presence to interact with executive management
● Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously with demanding deadlines in a small team environment
● Task-oriented, Initiative, resourcefulness, strong attention to detail, reliable
● Ability to work on complex and time-sensitive transactions
● Ability to stay organized in a fast paced, high pressure environment and be able to meet tight deadlines
● Self-starter with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a genuine desire to learn
At StorQuest, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our vast portfolio of properties to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely StorQuest. Ready to create the extraordinary? Come join us
Additional Perks for eligible employees:
Medical, Dental and Vision
401(k) with Matching Contributions
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Teambuilding Events & Activities
Employee Assistance Program
The William Warren Group and StorQuest say NO to drugs
Equal Employment Opportunity
WWG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. WWG is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To learn more about our awesome company check us out on Instagram @storquest or Facebook @storqueststorage. Please apply by visiting www.storquest.com/career