PROGRAM/SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN POSITION – Hiring for Mid-December/Part-Time
A career in Arts Education/Arts Administration
Work in a creative environment at a midsize non-profit arts education organization. Over the course of the internship period, they will gain experience in implementing an entire Youth First Artists-In-Residence (AIR) Program from start to finish. The implementation of an AIR Program consists of interviewing artists for Artist Mentor positions, discussing with school and community site staff the best art-discipline for their site, interviewing site staff concerning the distinct population of their students, establishing timetables for program implementation, and discussing with TOHYF Professional Artists how to best design a curriculum for the specific students they will be working with. Interns will create a positive impact in fulfilling our mission, to prevent youth violence by involving youth in multi-disciplinary arts workshops offered throughout Los Angeles County. This internship will provide direct experiences leading to the development of skills necessary for professional success in an arts education or arts administration career.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a program/administrative position, NOT a teaching position.
PLEASE REVIEW WEBSITE BEFORE YOU SEND RESPONSE (www.theatreofhearts.org )
- Must have a car and valid license
- Possessing excellent verbal, written, critical thinking and computer skills
- Candidate must be reliable, honest, and a self-starter
- Knowledge in all social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Willing to travel to various sites in Los Angeles County
- Skilled with time management, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
- Help with organization events and PR on as need basis
- Attend arts events to support and recruit artists and community/school sites
BA degree, BA in progress, or equivalent professional experience in related field of study.
Familiarity with Mac OS and MS Office applications. A plus: Knowledge of Hootsuite, File Maker Pro, bilingual, and arts education.
Compensation is based on experience.
Please e-mail cover letter AND resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CALLS PLEASE. *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered*