This role is located in our California Office in Los Angeles, CA.
Our Merchandise Assistants provide diversified support for multiple buyers in a dynamic fast-paced work environment. Our Merchandise Assistants possess strong communication skills and act as a liaison between the Buyers, Internal Business Partners, and the Vendor Community. They must also possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail. They are resourceful and confident in problem solving. They must be able to work well independently as well as in a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters purchase orders into appropriate systems in an accurate and timely manner for buyers across multiple departments.
- Follows up on all late orders and upcoming shipments and completes balances as needed.
- Completes all purchase order modifications including but not limited to delivery extensions, cancellations, and cost & retail changes.
- Works with internal departments to resolve issues (i.e. Accounts Payable, PO departments/chain moves, Planning, Distribution and Fulfillment Centers, etc.)
- Communicates with vendors via phone and email regarding PO modifications/changes, PO shipment statuses as well as any other inquiries.
- Communicates with logistics to ensure vendors ship correctly.
- Creates and runs reports for buyers as needed (i.e. On Order, Sales, etc.)
- Organizes and maintains merchandise samples and sample space for Buyers including returning samples to vendors.
- Assists in preparing for Style Out and Strategy meetings by gathering samples, preparing selling recaps, etc.
- Assists Buyers with special projects as needed (i.e. recap projects, trend recaps, trend boards, etc.)
- Performs general tasks such as printing, filing, etc.
- Maintains positive relationships across different areas of business including our global offices.
Who We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Self-directed individual who can work independently yet collaborate as needed within Merchandise Operations as well as cross functionally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the flexibility to assess and tailor communication style to different personalities/needs.
- Strong problem solving skills and effective prioritization.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a high volume and fast paced environment while meeting deadlines and maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to build relationships, be personable, maintain a positive attitude and collaborate with others.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new computer systems.
- Experience with Microsoft to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.