An internship with True Partners Consulting provides students the opportunity to gain real world experiences in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and team-based environment. Our interns receive training from seasoned professionals to provide value to our clients and will engage in giving back to our community.
During the course of your internship, you will be involved in trainings in various areas of taxation to prepare you for consulting projects and participate in team building activities. Through your growing understanding of tax concepts, you will collaborate with the engagement team to prepare effective approaches to client tax situations.
We offer a casual environment with direct access to upper management. The intern program is designed to maximize your exposure to the work and clients of True Partners. Our internship program has proven to be a pipeline for potential full-time employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare computations, workpapers, schedules, and other items related to tax return filings, estimated and extension payments, for federal, state, and foreign jurisdictions;
- Analyze client financial statements;
- Assist with analysis of accruals and reserves;
- Analyze fixed assets capitalization and depreciation;
- Assist with reconciliations of supporting schedules provided by client;
- Research of tax technical topics; and
- Work with MS Word, Excel, and other tax and business software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
In addition to the above the successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Students pursuing an accounting and/or finance degree
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Works well in team-based environments
- Attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple projects at the same time and a willingness to work hard
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint