Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Specialist Storyteller, Global Communications will bring an editorial mindset, passion and creativity, to support the brand’s storytelling efforts through media-centric content creation. Working in partnership Lead Storyteller and Director, Global Brand Communications, this role will support the extension of the brand’s purpose-led narrative through compelling storytelling both internally and externally. This role will primarily bring stories to life on the UA Newsroom and other brand-owned channels.
A successful candidate must be curious and creative, able to consistently discover and tell stories across Under Armour. New ideas, fresh thinking and a knack for storytelling are must-haves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the build out and maintenance of the Global Brand Comms editorial calendar across key story priorities (i.e., athletes, new products, innovation, design, sustainability, and global community impact)
- Write, develop and edit brand stories to help increase brand awareness and sentiment among key stakeholders
- Coordinate and recommend assets (i.e., photos, video) for each story; oversee ideation and production as needed
- Partner with cross-functional teams – inside and out of comms – to create content that resonates with key audiences and media and can be amplified via social
- Oversee measurement and analysis to assess impact of stories
- Monitor competitor newsrooms
- Keep a pulse on industry news and be always-on for storytelling inspiration
- Set workback schedules, own timelines and approvals, and coordinate publishing
- Participate in weekly Brand Comms team meetings, providing insight into stories in progress, what’s on the horizon and brainstorming additional potential angles
- Provide real-time updates to all Brand Comms trackers and actively participate in group discussions around storylines, timing recommendations and execution
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent writing skills and editorial planning combined with speed, flexibility and attention to detail
- Message development that leverages multiple platforms including digital, video, mobile and social media
- Passion for sports, brands, culture and people
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Excels at creating operational guidelines and owning processes for teams to follow
Education And / Or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
- Return To Work Designation: 2 days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.