This posting is for our next Operations Management Training (OMT) Program class for the Engineering Bridge Manager position that will start on September 12th, 2022.
As a Bridge Manager in the Operations Management Training (OMT) program, you will gain experience in transportation and engineering operations and the skills to lead a team!
Engineering OMT’s have approximately 19 weeks of on-the-job training combined with formal classroom instruction.
Once training is complete, you will be assigned to a work location where you will direct the safe building and maintenance of structures, bridges and tunnels.
- Starting salary: $74,800*
- End of Core Training: $3,500 increase**
- At 12 months: $2,000 increase**
- At assignment: $93,000*
*Based on skills and experience. Assignment made upon completion of the training program. **Salary increase may vary based on performance, training, and assignment schedule.
- Lead construction, inspection, maintenance and repair of Union Pacific’s (UP’s) bridges and structures
- Coordinate engineering activities with transportation operations
- Execute action plans to achieve cost of quality business objectives and standardize processes
- Supervise workforce levels to ensure jobs are covered and implement corrective action plans as needed
- Observe engineering crews for safety and operational compliance and complete incident reports when needed
- Conduct regular employee performance evaluations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Advanced analytical skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to read and understand all instructions including operating and safety rules, bulletins, special instructions, and federal regulatory documents
- A Bachelor’s degree or will have a Bachelor’s degree by September 2022
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to deliver information to coworker(s) and supervisor(s)
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience in an operations or safety sensitive position such as industrial operations, heavy machinery, transportation, manufacturing, railroad, farming, or military
- Experience working outdoors in variable weather conditions (consider professional, personal, and volunteer experience)
- Working experience with any public agencies
- At least one year experience in a leadership role
- Must have normal color vision
- Must be able to detect and interpret different visual color signals and displays, and identify and determine the speed of moving objects at near or far distances
- Must be willing to relocate
- Work Conditions: Job assignments will include working 12 hour shifts, nights, weekends, holidays and working on call
- Agree to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection where the company requires
- Willingness to practice safe work habits
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- 18 years of age or older
- In the past 36 months, and in connection with the operating of a motor vehicle, you must not have had any of the following: (1) the suspension, revocation, cancellation, or denial of your driver’s license in an incident involving drugs or alcohol; (2) your participation in diversion or probation, or a guilty plea, in a drug or alcohol-related driving incident; OR (3) you refused to take a drug or alcohol test
- Must not have interviewed for this position within the last 2 years
- Benefit information can be found under the Benefits section on up.jobs (https://up.jobs/why/benefits/index.htm)