At Vanguard, we’re taking a stand for all investors. You can help us advance this mission by joining Vanguard as we strive to redefine the advice industry. Join the Advisor Support Group team where you will build your financial planning acumen as well as partner closely with advisors on managing the clerical, monetary, and brokerage aspects of client accounts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to obtain the licensing necessary to support financial advisors and their clients.
In this role you will
- Partner with financial advisors to execute on multiple planning deliverables related to the managed client experience: onboarding, implementing portfolios, and rebalancing.
- Collaborate with financial advisors and other business groups to best support clients’ service needs.
- Deepen your investment acumen by becoming trained on brokerage trading and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Vanguard’s funds and services, as well as an understanding of current market factors and how they affect Vanguard’s funds and products.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Advance your skill set and your career
In this role, you will partner closely with Vanguard’s financial advisors to help them manage their clients’ portfolios. Potential applicants will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong time management abilities, and the desire to interact with clients and internal business partners. We are committed to learning and development, and appropriate training and oversight will be provided.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Learning agility to successfully pass the SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 (or equivalent licenses) within the time frame described in Vanguard’s FINRA Licensing Policy by utilizing resources and support provided by Vanguard.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Interest in financial planning, investment advice, and wealth management (preferred, but not required).
- Ability to maintain an understanding of plan implementation strategies.
- Confidence speaking directly with clients.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.