Take a stand for investors
At Vanguard, we’re taking a stand for all investors. You can help us advance this mission by joining Vanguard as we strive to redefine the advice industry. Combining rigorous study and development opportunities with hands-on experience, Vanguard’s one-of-a-kind Financial Advisor Development Program will lay the foundation needed for a rewarding career in financial planning. When you join Vanguard, you’ll help steer the financial futures of our clients. Make it count.
In this full-time rotational program you will
- Achieve your CFP® certification experience requirement in two years instead of three following the CFP Board Apprenticeship pathway
- Engage in high-impact projects and client interaction across Vanguard’s Relationship Management and Sales department and Personal Advisor Services®
- Develop skills focused on the six elements of the personal financial planning process as you become a successful Financial Advisor and put our clients on the path to investment success
- Receive robust mentorship opportunities and support from Vanguard CFP® professionals and senior management while building the network and leadership skills to prepare you for a career in Personal Advisor Services®
Advance your skill set and your career
Do you have the grit and determination to work and learn in a demanding, unique program? Then take the first step into the ever-changing field of financial planning. Your real passion for investing with integrity and drive to do what’s right for our clients will propel you through the experience and help you gain your CFP® certification. We’ll stand by you as you stand up for thirty million investors, worldwide.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree required. Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Completion of the CFP Board-registered undergrad/graduate program, granting the eligibility to sit for the CFP® exam within 6 months from hire date, required.
- Progress towards preparation for or completion of the CFP® exam highly preferred.
- Learning agility to successfully pass the SIE and Series 7, and 66 (or equivalent licenses) within the time frame described in Vanguard’s FINRA Licensing Policy by utilizing resources and support provided by Vanguard.
- Industry internship preferred.
- Strong commitment for helping and educating clients as it relates to their investment portfolios and dedication to Vanguard’s mission of providing them with the best chance for investment success.
- Support of Vanguard’s overarching values of integrity, focus, and stewardship.
- Strong investment orientation and enthusiasm for advancing this knowledge on a continuous basis.
- Interest in providing asset management services.
- Excellent written, verbal, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively handle change in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
The start date for this program will be the Summer 2022.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.