One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As an intern of Operations Process + Technology group, you will work closely with Operations, Quality, IT, Engineering, and Business unit functions to develop and implement the process and system improvements to enhance business performance. Our team is currently redefining supply chain planning processes across Viasat. We drive change in Supply Chain and Operations Planning by reducing cost, increasing visibility of Supply/Demand and Driving transformational KPIs.
Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, strong problem-solving skills, is a keen listener and has the ability to visualize not what is, but what can be. A successful intern for our group will be able to quickly understand the specific business needs of Viasat, and possess the influence needed to gain consensus and drive improvement. They will be skilled at multi-tasking, and driving results in the near term, while simultaneously positioning the business processes to scale effectively with projected company growth in the future.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Operations functions
- Capable of applying resourceful and creative thought processes to resolve complex problems
- Strong relationship building, teamwork and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to support independent, high velocity, high quality decisions
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management and/or customers
- Adept at influencing cross functionally, developing consensus, and moving the business forward
- Strong skills utilizing standard Microsoft tools such as Excel, Access, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Project, and Power Point
- Experience or coursework related to Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, simulation, modeling, and statistics
- Exposure to Core Inventory and Operations Management concepts
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!