One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Are you ready to be a part of a team that is driven by quality and performance? At Viasat, we strive to provide the best innovative satellite and wireless communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location. In-flight wireless broadband, military communication, VoIP… These are just a few of the innovative ways that our technology is a part of millions of lives daily all around the world.
As a member of our Corporate Quality team, a Quality Data Analyst will provide insight into the quality of our products and processes across business areas through collecting and analyzing datasets from various sources. This position will require developing analytical models, automating reporting and providing simple yet effective visualizations for stakeholders to use. Your effective communication skills will be needed as you work closely with internal customers to understand the business need and determine what data can best be used to drive business decisions. This role will require a range of capabilities including but not limited to: exploratory data analysis, data trending, statistical analysis, regression, time-series, control charts and other mathematical techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Information Technology or related field
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent data visualization tools
- Experience with basic coding in at least one of these languages: Python, R, SQL (with an emphasis in data cleansing, statistics and visualization)
- Experience with mining through large data sets to find correlations, process shifts or trends
- Ability to work in Teams to understand, define and implement solutions to problems
- Strong analytical, communication and interaction skills.
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases (RDBMS), including Tables, Queries, and Relational Integrity as to maintain, develop and implement new business functions or applications
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Experience with Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with ERP software (Preferably Oracle)
- Experience in Quality Assurance is desirable.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!