One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a member of our Broadband segment’s Finance team, you will contribute to our goal of providing internet connectivity to underserved U.S. markets. You will bring value to our team by generating business analysis, studies and other critical decision support analysis to be used by management to facilitate informed decisions and to generate insights and transparency around all areas of the business, internally and externally. You will participate in financial forecasting cycles, monthly financial reporting packages, business cases for new product proposals, headcount support, and more.
Our ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills, excels in multi-tasking, and loves to collaborate with internal partners and the team. During your internship you can expect to:
- Perform analyses on historical and projected financial performance for competitor comparatives
- Provide strategic and valuation insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon project analysis
- Aggregate disparate forms of data to drive tangible results and long-lasting impact
- Develop and improve financial models and decision-making tools
- Automate reporting and what-if scenario analysis frameworks for ad hoc analysis
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Statistics or related field
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- A consistent track record of academic and professional excellence
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen eye with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work across all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to manage ambiguity and adapt readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions
- Experience working with financial and forecast/budget software applications (Hyperion/Oracle)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!