One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a Financial Analyst with our Commercial Segment, you will play a meaningful role by supporting Business Area Leaders and Program Managers in division-level financial analysis and controls. Working across our dynamic financial team, you will prepare monthly rolling forecasts, cost/profit analysis for business area planning and decision making, all while interacting across multiple levels of management. Your attention to detail will allow you to prepare, analyze and report actual results against project and division operating plans for sales, margins, capital, and headcount. Additionally, you will prepare cost/profit variance analysis and implement and analyze best practices across all current processes. Your aptitude and drive for learning financial analysis techniques, financial modelling, and accounting processes will be critical to not only the success of this role but the overall financial success of the Business Area.
Does this sound like you? Read more to see if you meet the requirements to be a part of a team and company that are discovering, inventing and innovating beyond the possible! We are uniquely Viasat.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- A consistent record of academic excellence
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team-based environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal communication, and presentational skills
- High energy, self-starter, and results-oriented
- Motivation to continuously learn new things, be challenged and stretch the boundaries of an analyst’s role
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Oracle, Hyperion Planning and Essbase
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!