One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Our team works on complicated electronic communication equipment for domestic and allied military forces. Our buyers are responsible for all levels of procurement activity, ranging from the purchasing of COTS items up to complex, tested box assemblies which are built at contract manufactures. The backbone technology for this equipment provides a safer battlefield environment, intended to prevent fratricide and to provide faster air support to our ground troops.
As a member of our team, you will be expected to have complete ownership over the supplier facing relationship for your assigned programs. We are program-based (verses commodity-based) so you will learn all different commodities ranging from electronics components to cable manufacturing, to metal machining. You will also be expected to communicate and present to senior leadership.
Your responsibilities will include purchasing of material required to support your assigned programs. This will include negotiations of long-term agreements. Our ideal candidate takes extreme accountability and ownership, is a self-starter, strategic thinker, and has a drive to improve against the status quo.
As a Viasat Procurement Specialist, you will work closely with external suppliers and internal cross-functional partners in Supply Chain, Program Management, Engineering, Legal, Finance and more to ensure the achievement of pivotal initiatives on critical Government program(s).
- Manage full procurement lifecycle of assigned programs (quoting, buying, monitoring)
- Procurement scope ranges from COTS components to fully test box build assemblies
- Program based support, procuring all commodities
- Compliance with FAR/DFARS Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business or related field
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of business software is required: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must have excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills including the ability to present to Sr. Managers
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Exposure to ERP or MRP tools, such as Oracle, SAP, and others
- Working knowledge of data analytics or business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Internship or work experience in procurement
- Electronics and Contract Manufacturing experience
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!