One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The Passenger Experience team within Product Management focuses on building Wi-Fi products and experiences for travelers. This includes web portals, entertainment, TV, partnership experiences. Along with the front-end experience, our team is also responsible for UX design, analytics, and always being outcome driven.
Our team provides the front end experience that passengers use to use or buy Wi-Fi products. We drive customer engagement, and ultimately Wi-Fi conversions through the products we build.
As a member of our team you will be expected to understand the passenger journey and identify points of friction and improvement where the Viasat product is used. Understand new technology trends, and how to better improve the overall passenger experience. You will create work for DevOps teams to ingest through JIRA, presentations for new ideas. You can expect to work closely with the UX team on new design approaches, and with our analytics and reporting teams on insights into passenger behavior.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about technology, user experience, and travel.
Your responsibilities will…
- Support the product management team in creating, maintaining and executing on its product roadmap
- Develop customer problem statements, solution ideation, pricing, and product planning
- Analyze and interpret data to understand trends and make tactical decisions regarding product direction
- Coordinate efforts among departments to plan out releases
- Partner with the development and ops teams to deliver correctly executed products on time
- Work in cross-functional teams to deliver creative, strategic initiatives relating to new products and services
- Participate in primary and secondary research to understand the competitive landscape of the industry and provide insights into growth opportunities for Viasat
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Technology Management, or related field
- Willingness to learn and interest in product management concepts in a technology driven environment
- Ability to critically read and write and thoughtful questions
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to balance and prioritize a variety of projects
- A drive to get things done, whether working independently or collaboratively
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week internship
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Technology Management, or related field
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!