VMG Internship Program – Summer 2022 (Hybrid)
Job Location: NY & LA
VICE Media Group (VMG) prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. Within VMG, we like to consider ourselves a collective of brands and companies built with a purpose making roughly 2000 pieces of content each day with a focus on eight key businesses: VICE.com, VICE News, VICE Studios, ViceTV, VIRTUE, Pulse Films, i-D and Refinery29. Within this gamut of media channels we aim to enlighten, entertain, and empower our audience by showing a world they don’t know, telling stories no one else can, and championing voices no one else will. Want to know more? Read the VICE Guide to VICE.
The Summer Internship Program:
The VMG Internship Program provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in the media industry and related fields. We’re seeking bright, creative, and hard-working candidates to play pivotal roles across various departments. We match qualified applicants with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer.
VMG’s Summer 2022 Internship Class will have the opportunity to learn more about journalism, production, marketing, design, editing, and more in a 10 week paid program. You’ll also assist with a range of projects that compliment your career interests, gain industry relevance and exposure to the organization, attend workshops, socials, and networking events. What better way to gain first-hand experience in the day-to-day of one of the leading global youth media companies?
As an intern you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect 1:1 with senior leadership on a regular basis and attend developmental training sessions to maximize your experience at VMG.
- Serve as a sounding board for creative business ideas and decisions.
- Expand your network by connecting and collaborating with fellow interns who have similar interests in the media industry.
- Internship opportunities are available in the following departments:
- Marketing & Communications, Content Creation (Video & Stories), Product & Engineering, Publishing, Ad Operations, Media Strategy & Campaign Management, Content Analytics, Creative Art Direction, Copyright, Revenue Analytics, Business Development, Project Management, Strategy, Graphic Design, News (Motherboard, International, Domestic) News (Production, Video), TV (Research, Open Development), Commercial (Account Management, Content, Client Solutions, Brand Strategy)
What to expect:
- Arrive in person to the office on days designated by your team manager, as well as to attend orientation, intern networking and executive speaker sessions and final presentations.
- You’ll be working (40 hours/week; M – F) over the course of our 10 week program (June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022). Application Deadline – January 14th, 2022.
- Our office works in a hybrid capacity (in-person & remote) at both our NYC (Williamsburg) or LA (Venice) locations. Based on your location, skills and qualifications, you will be required to work at either our NYC or LA location.
You have these:
- You are enrolled in an accredited undergraduate college/university in the United States.
- Must be an Undergraduate Student graduating between December 2022 – May 2024.
- Relevant coursework in an area relevant to the internship opportunities.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and individual and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluidity in working with on-site and remote teams.
We’d love if you also have these:
- Prior work experience (ex. internship, on/off campus employment)
- Involvement in Clubs, Organizations, Community Service and Non-Profits
- Passion and familiarity for VMG Brands across all lines of business
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.