The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are investing in the next generation of talent to ensure our products, services and data are the center of the changing ways people pay and get paid. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
We are looking for looking for New College Graduates that are interested in being a future Product Manager with varying levels of experience and background (0-2 years of work experience) to join our progressive Associate Product Manager Program. In this program you will be staffed on our highest need initiatives and enrolled in a learning and development plan targeted at developing our most critical product manager competencies. While experiences may vary by candidate and business need, the program will include 4 rotations over 24 months working on high impact product opportunities while collaborating with a wide array of key stakeholders across product, engineering, sales, strategy, finance and marketing. Rotation and learning experiences will build skills in innovation and design, product marketing, commercialization and product implementation. The intention is that, upon completion, high performing program participants will be prepared to take on advanced product management roles.
As an Associate Product Manager at Visa, you will be a key member of the team that drives the latest and most innovative ideas from product ideation, to build, to launch, to scaling in the market. You will assist in delivering next generation product offerings to our customers, including innovative payment experiences, cutting edge fraud prevention, capabilities to help banks, tech companies, fintechs and merchants meet their consumers’ needs, and local solutions tailored to one or more of the 200 countries we operate in.
You must be a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest leverage activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion. Product management will be a focal point in our strategy to delivery world-class products to market, and the Associate Product Manager role is a key piece of that vision.
We are hiring for the Associate Product Manager Program in the Bay Area; may be placed in our Foster City or San Francisco offices.
- Support the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans, and product design documents (concept document, business case, product requirements)
- Support the development of the product roadmap to define/support the product goals and strategies
- Become knowledgeable on Visa’s products and support the product team in driving the development of product features and functionality, leveraging the strong foundation of existing capabilities where appropriate.
- Understand market trends, competition, and user requirements
- Distill market research to provide perspective to the team and product management leaders to inform insights and decisions
- Collaborate with designers to create design concepts and with Engineering to implement and iterate on these concepts
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, Product Marketing, Business Development, Finance) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature
- Must Graduate with a Bachelors degree between Dec 2021 to Aug 2022.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in conjunction with a less technical BA/BS
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Eagerness and self-starting approach and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in cross-functional collaborative environments
- Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
- Programming languages; data analysis; Business case/ modeling; Design – coursework or experience a plus.
- Proven ability to take initiative and to build strong and productive relationships
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Focused on providing excellent customer experiences
- Team oriented, collaborative, and flexible
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.