The Human Resources Internship supports Visa’s mission to recruit and develop future HR leaders with cross-functional knowledge and experience. Interns are given training & development, mentoring, social, networking and leadership exposure. The North America Region and Business Function Human Resources team is seeking an MBA Intern to help deliver our people agenda efforts for the North America region, the top driver of Visa revenue and largest regional employee base. The right candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a bias for setting strategy along with strong implementation to drive business results. This is a great opportunity to join a world class brand at an exciting time of rapid growth.
Drive people initiatives across the company and serve as trusted advisors to business leaders and executives on people-related strategies and organizational issues.
- Establish a strong partnership with business leaders, utilizing the specialists in all areas of Human Resources, serving as a resource/consultant in strategic and tactical approaches.
- Drive the North America Talent, Diversity, Recruiting, Retention and Growth & Development of employees in partnership with People teams
- Provide coaching to managers on people and organizational matters.
- Support a functional leadership team in reporting and action planning to meet the evolving needs of the business, informed by data analytics.
- Contribute to building our culture of ongoing feedback by developing best practices for goal setting, regular check-ins and career development.
- Develop programs to promote cultural competency among Visa leaders to maximize engagement and create a more robust talent pipeline.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data from various sources to determine areas of focus for increasing engagement and retention of diverse talent.
- Graduate students completing MBA’s with a focus on HR Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other HR-related disciplines
- Graduation date between December 2022 through August 2023
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Highly creative and innovative and future thinker on people trends and approaches
- Analytical rigor and facility with HR reporting tools, Workday, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Collaborative and strong partnering orientation and focus on problem solving to achieve a win:win
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate high degrees of ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exhibit advance planning, project and organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with high levels of accountability, and demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to manage workload and achieve results
Location: Foster City, CA
- Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.