We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
The Assistant Buyer is someone who is excited to jump in and learn about the business and is equally as excited about the analytical and creative parts. You will work closely with a very passionate and collaborative group of team members that are zealous about Merchandising. We are in search of someone who can jump from one task to another quickly and efficiently, and someone who is excited about working with a fun and energetic group!
Overview of the role
You will report to a Buyer and oversee a range of products. You will be responsible for handling all pricing and maintain all price/cost changes for DTC and Retail. As the Assistant Buyer you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
· Responsible for SKU setup/SKU maintenance
· Responsible for made to order, visual line and merchandise lists
· Set up and maintenance of all SKUs for stocked and dropship product
· Communicate as needed with the Merchandise team in regards to project and sample status, costing/SKU worksheets
· Connect with global merchandise teams and create global-specific SKUs
· Update SKU details as the assortment changes on the individual and collection level
· Responsible for sample management
· Responsible for handling all pricing; promotions, markdowns
· Enter POS Markdowns and Promotions
· Enter and maintain all price and cost changes for DTC and Retail, working closely with inventory partners and sourcing teams
· Manage samples for photo shoots and seasonal presentations and work with our photo and warehouse teams to track sample positions as needed
· Assist in monthly retail floor sets
· Prepare analysis as directed
· Take on general administrative duties
· Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
· Transport materials and equipment and lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
· BA degree
· Between 1-4 years of retail buying experience or related
· Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and the ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced, resulted driven environment
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment
· Strong organizational, prioritizing, analytical, problem solving and time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met
· Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and an ability to detect inconsistencies in data
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) required to create pivot tables and experience with advanced formulas such as VLOOKUPS
· Ability to perform work onsite in the San Francisco office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
· A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
· A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
· Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
· Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
· Tax-free commuter benefits
· A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
· In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
· Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
· Resources for self-development
· Advisor (Mentor) program
· Career development workshops and learning programs
· Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.