Wilshire is a leading global investment technology and advisory company, dedicated to improving outcomes for investors worldwide. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services, and multi-asset analytics, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high-quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
We are seeking to identify a Mid-level Application and Database Developer to join our Technology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis, design, and developing complex systems and applications for Portfolio Management Processes and other cutting-edge Financial Applications. The individual will be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, which includes design, programming, testing, implementation, maintenance, and documentation. The ideal candidate will provide support for business systems by developing, maintaining, and enhancing existing Web and Client-based applications, re-engineering programs to conform to system changes, and solving complex customer or third-party data.
We are also looking for candidates who have a passion for cloud computing with knowledge of different cloud architecture environments, virtualization, and data center automation.
What you’ll do:
- Operate autonomously as well as part of a team based on the scope and the requirements of the programming projects.
- Ensure all requirements are understood, documented and analyzed appropriately for maximum efficiency in the coding, test and deploy process.
- Adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle, development methodology, and IT controls for best coding practices, testing, systems acceptance, change control, and security.
- Code, test, and debug complex application programs to create new business applications and interfaces or maintains/modifies existing business applications according to program specifications.
- Develop work plans and technical documents covering system architecture, conversion, integration, testing, and implementation for a system or complex enhancement to a system.
- Performs quality assurance functions.
- Prepares, reviews, and validates technical documents and user manuals.
- Perform a full range of database support.
- Implement security practices on assigned systems.
- Understand and interpret users and project stakeholder’s ideas into specific technology solutions.
- Works closely with end users to develop and enhance solutions.
- Install and integrate new software programs into existing programming systems.
What you have:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years programming experience using C#, .NET Core, ASP.Net, Typescript.
- 5+ years programming experience with Transact SQL (MS SQL Server).
- 5+ years of UI development, including: HTML, CSS, Angular, and bootstrap.
- Advanced experience with Git repository systems.
- Experience using RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Principles and practices of applications design, programming and software development life cycle.
- Application programming interfaces, communication protocols, programming languages, and various scripting languages.
- Experience with LINQ, ADO.NET, and Entity Framework
- Strong debugging skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Operational Data Store modeling, design, and development.
- Solid knowledge of SQL objects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SSRS and SSIS.
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Microsoft TFS is a plus
- Dockers and Kubernetes knowledge is a big plus
- Principles and practices of research methodology and data analysis.
What you get:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursements, and more.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic, and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until 2022. In January 2022, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire is an SEC-registered investment adviser and is required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.