Summary of Responsibilities:
The work assigned to staff accountants is supervised by supervisors, managers and partners. Initially they are assigned to less complex accounting and tax projects. As they gain experience, they are given greater responsibilities and more complex projects. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
Staff accountants are expected to:
- Understand and adhere to the firm’s policies and procedures including the Quality Control Procedures.
- Record transactions and prepare trial balances using QuickBooks.
- Become proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary (possibly), and other tax returns prepared by the firm. Assume responsibility for completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff.
- Obtain an understanding of the types of financial statement engagements offered by the firm and perform audit, review, and compilation procedures as assigned by supervisors.
- Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques and the various research sources available to the firm.
- Respond to tax notices and prepare drafts of letters required in an effective manner.
- Prepare 1099s, payroll, sales and other local tax returns. Prepare fictitious business name statement and business license applications and renewals.
- Process monthly payroll for clients.
- Prepare zero outs and projections.
- Assist clients with setup or closing/dissolution of business entities.
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Attend various continuing education seminars.
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
2. 1-2 years of relevant experience.
3. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
4. Have experience with Microsoft Office.
Why work at Winningham Becker & Co.?
Here are the “Top 10” reasons why members of our staff enjoy working at Winningham Becker & Co:
- Friendly people who provide excellent mentoring support.
- Growth potential with training to develop a niche.
- Good work/life balance in a family-oriented culture.
- A company that believes in its employees and recognizes their accomplishments.
- Interesting clients to serve with varied work challenges.
- Ability to learn at a “teaching CPA firm.”
- Education on the latest industry changes.
- Competitive compensation with a full benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with industry leaders in entertainment and sports.
- A small firm offering greater opportunities to make a difference.
- 100% paid Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 100% paid Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Hybrid schedule
- Flexible schedule
- 401(k) matching
- 100% paid Life insurance
- 100% paid Disability insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
We look forward to providing exciting new challenges and a rewarding career to qualified individuals who join WBAC.