The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing the division management team with comprehensive financial analysis and support. These duties require close cooperation and coordination with the Company’s finance and accounting groups as well as various division locations throughout the country.
Specific areas of support will include audits of warehouse facilities, financial analysis, monthly P&L variance analysis, budgeting, forecasting, pricing of new and renewal business, risk assessment and ad hoc support requests. The Financial Analyst will work closely with accounting and operations to understand how each warehouse facility operates, how pricing affects the customer’s billing and how to determine cost drivers.
The Financial Analyst will act as a bridge between the accounting group and division management team on matters of a financial nature.
- Conduct assigned financial studies and surveys to collect, summarize and analyze the financial results of operational activities.
- Track financial status by monitoring variances from plan.
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Assist in the preparation of special studies, reports, analyses
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, governmental reporting, statistical reports, management reporting and cost reporting
- Evaluate and analyze standard capital expenditures proposals, profit plans, operating records and financial statements.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and making recommendations.
- Develop, implement and maintain reports to support the organization accounting function as required.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinate information requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related Degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, compliance or other related field.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, Customer Focus.
- Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.