Zurich is hiring for our Market Facing Underwriting Training Program in our Atlanta, GA office.
Zurich’s Underwriting Training Program (UTP) provides an entry level opportunity for individuals with the drive to become successful members of our underwriting team. This is an exciting way to begin a career in Commercial Insurance! While working within the structure of a formalized training program, you will learn the fundamentals of multi-line underwriting, including measuring exposure, analyzing risk and financial statements, reviewing the financial performance of diverse businesses, pricing, quoting, setting coverage, and much, much more.
Our 2022 program starts in June, 2022. Training will include onboarding within the local office, virtual classroom training, and on-the-job development during the duration of the program.
Upon successful completion of the classroom training, underwriting trainees will work in a field or line of business office setting, and will continue to work with their manager, mentor, and peer underwriters to understand The Zurich Way of Underwriting and perform basic underwriting functions in a market-facing or product underwriting role.
To be considered for Zurich’s Underwriting Training Program, you must have the following basic qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree and no prior experience required
• Final cumulative GPA at/above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Corporate internship experience or corporate work experience
• Leadership and involvement in extracurricular activities and on campus organizations and/or community, public service or similar activities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills