Due to COVID-19, the program has been shifted to 100% virtual for the 21-22 academic year.
What is the Mentoring Program?
The Center for Career Education & Professional Development (CEPD) Mentoring Program provides third year business students in the Professional Passport Program the opportunity to connect and create meaningful mentorships with business professionals and alumni. The mentoring partnership is a 7-month commitment (October – April) between the student and their business mentor. Mentors and students are encouraged to exchange information about career paths, internships, leadership and professional development, and the college-to-career transition.
The main goals of the Mentoring Program are to:
• Provide students with a professional contact in their field of interest
• Expand the student’s knowledge of what life is like in the professional world
• Provide students with opportunities to discuss successful leadership styles and skills
• Give students an opportunity for career planning and networking
• Application Period: August 1 to October 1
• Mentoring Kick-Off: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 (via Zoom)
• Mentoring Wrap-Up: April 2022 (more information coming soon)
Why should I join the mentoring Program?
This program provides an excellent opportunity for students to learn about the world of business from a business professional. The Mentors are alumni and friends of CSUN who are are professionals in Los Angeles-area businesses. Mentors can provide invaluable insight into career choices, professional development, resume writing, and interview skills.
What are the requirements of the Mentor Program?
• Third Year standing in the Professional Passport Program at CSUN Nazarian College, AND
• Attend Kick-Off and Wrap-Up virtual events
How do I join the Mentor Program?
Application period is August 1 to October 1
Please note: Submitting an application will not guarantee you a Mentor. We will try to accommodate your preference, but may not be able to do so given the pool of mentors.
After completing the application, you will receive an email inviting you to create a profile on the online platform that will facilitate the mentoring relationship.
Create a login and profile to find out who your mentor will be.