Vault Career Guide to Accounting, Third Edition
Accounting is often ranked as one of the most desirable professions available—including being ranked as one of the top 50 jobs in 2020 by U.S. News & World Report. Also, despite a sluggish economy, corporate revenue and profits continue to grow, spurring steady demand for accountants. Hoovers places annual revenue in the public accounting industry at $125 billion, and with rising interest in emerging specialties such as international accounting, investigative and forensic accounting, and environmental accounting, the industry promises to remain dynamic and rewarding for years to come. Nevertheless, employers will be seeking to hire the best and brightest, and competition for top jobs will be stiff.
The Vault Career Guide to Accounting, Third Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to land a position with one of the Big Four accounting firms or at an international corporation, this guide can help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.